We all know Facebook is popular, but just how popular is it?
Facebook has over 2.6 billion active users, and is the biggest social network worldwide. With a massive user engagement, it is a perfect place for established influencers and those aspiring to become one.
In this blog, we’ll take you through the basics of setting up your profile to being an influencer on Facebook. You’ll learn strategies for creating great content that encourages likes, shares and comments. We’ll show you how to use analytics to measure your performance and teach you how to increase engagement to get more followers. Finally, get the ultimate cheat sheet to achieve success on the platform. To start off, let’s look at how to get setup on Facebook.
Setting Up Your Facebook Account
You can download the Facebook app either from PlayStore or AppStore in an instant! Before you head on to create your Influencer brand on this platform, you must first create your Facebook profile that contains your personal information and allows you to connect with your friends online.
Next, you need to create a Facebook Page where you can post content for your followers exclusively, and build your influencer brand from this point on. Your Facebook Page must contain your username, what you do, the date you started your influencer brand, your page name and category, your mission, links to your other social accounts and website, any awards or recognitions you’ve received, and your story. Pack all this info in your account, and you’re all set!
How Facebook Works?
Facebook makes it easy for you to communicate with your friends and followers either by updating your status, or sending a private message, or commenting, reacting, or simply by sharing other’s posts. In addition to text, photos, videos, this platform allows you to host live streams, and post stories offering you a broad scope to interact with your fans. Whenever you create content, be mindful to use hashtags as they can boost your posts to reach a larger audience and further amplify your influencer brand awareness. Also, leverage the call-to-action button on your Facebook Page to give direction to your followers on what to do next.
Facebook Influencer’s Guide To Ultimate Content
1. Be real
Show the world what you really love to do! Remember, it is your authenticity that attracts your audience and keeps them engaged. So, if you’re an expert in creating lip-smacking dishes, you should go ahead and become a food influencer. If you’re passionate about makeup, become a beauty influencer. The possibilities for Facebook influencers are endless! The key lies in knowing the “true you”, so you can present the best content to your audience.
2. Make your personality shine
Understand what sets you apart. No matter what your niche is, be it health and fitness, fashion, travel, beauty, food, music, lifestyle, or anything else, create content that makes you stand out. Let your personality shine through your content. You may take inspiration from the latest trends, but adding a touch of your personality is what makes you stand out from the crowd and helps grab more eyeballs. Never forget that your personal touch defines who you are!
3. Engage with your audience
Interacting with your audience is a great way to enrich your relationship with them. Facebook has many interactive features that can help you achieve this with no fuss at all. You can engage with your audience either by posting polls, asking questions through your posts, hosting Q&A sessions through live streams, or even replying to their queries. By being consistent in your interactions, you’re building a community and also boosting your brand’s impact.
4. Connect and collaborate
Connecting with other influencers in your niche gives you inspiration for your future content and ideas to increase your follower engagement. You can leave a valuable comment on any one of their posts that may lead their followers to check out your Facebook Page. Also, networking with influencers from other niches and industries but who have a similar audience type as yours is a great way to initiate collaborations, expand your reach to your potential followers, and get noticed without much effort.
Before you set out to partner with brands, be prepared for the interview! Do read our blog 10 Questions Brands Will Ask You As An Influencer.
Map out your content strategy
You must have a strong content strategy in place. Create a content plan based on the current trends and keeping international, national, and local events in mind. Check out for social causes and the values that you advocate for, and produce content around these concepts as well. Doing this helps you come up with quality content, shows what you stand for, avoid any kind of redundancy in your content, and keeps your audience engaged. Besides, it also attracts brands that are on the lookout for influencer collaborations.
Know what happens on the other side of the business, read our blog How Can Brands Use Influencer Marketing To Grow.
5. Stay updated
Every social platform has its guidelines, so does Facebook. In addition to presenting fresh content that is consistent with the trends, you also need to stay updated on Facebook’s content policies so that your content is not blocked and reaches a bigger audience. With the online ads being regulated by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), you need to ensure that your content abides by its rules!
Want to know more about ads, read on, How To Optimize Your Facebook Ads For Maximum ROI.
How Frequently Should Influencers Post On Facebook?
Your follower’s newsfeed is constantly flooded with posts from families, friends, and other brands. So, you need to post content frequently to retain your audience’s attention, but overdoing it may also annoy them.
Facebook Pages with less than 10,000 followers that posted content more than once a day witnessed a 50 percent drop in their engagement, according to a HubSpot report that quoted Buffer findings. This is why striking the right balance and finding the sweet spot that works for your influencer brand is important.
Facebook’s algorithm ranks posts with meaningful interactions higher than the other posts. This is why concentrating on the quality of your posts is more important than the number of times you post content.
Tools To Create Great Content on Facebook
Producing and streamlining great content becomes easy when you have the right tools. To get started you can use free tools and later upgrade to the paid versions based on your requirements. Here are some must-have tools to create captivating content for your Facebook followers:
1. Creator Studio by Facebook – Free tool
When you create your Facebook Page, you get access to Creator Studio by default. You can go live, create posts, check how other posts are performing, and more, all in one place. Also, you will gain access to Sound Studio by Facebook that contains over 20,000+ royalty-free music clips helping you produce creative posts.
2. Canva – Free and paid versions
Every picture paints a story. With Canva at your fingertips, get ready to grab eyeballs! You can either personalize all your posts with the latest, modern fonts and shapes or choose to work with predesigned Facebook post templates if you’re new to this tool.
3. Bitly – Free and paid versions
Want to promote your latest blog post, a website, or a product landing page? Bitly helps you to shorten your URL, track them, and measure how your audience interacts with those web pages.
4. Agorapulse Timeline Contest – Free tool
Contests, sweepstakes, and giveaways are a fun way to promote your influencer brand and increase your audience engagement. But tracking them and picking out a winner is tedious. Agorapulse Timeline Contest scans through all the contest entries, picks out a winner, and also identifies and removes duplicate entries.
5. Shortstack – Paid tool
Want to run professional contest coupons, photo contests, quizzes, and giveaways? Shortstack helps you host all these competitions on Facebook with ease as you don’t have to go through the painstaking process of coding.
6. Headline Analyzer by Coschedule – Free tool
If you are struggling to give catchy headlines, use the Headline Analyzer tool! It gives you a complete score for your headline — character count, sentence structure, and emotional impact. It also gives suggestions to help you improve on your social content and captivate your audience.
7. Easelly – Free and paid versions
When you want to create a content-heavy post, and at the same time keep it presentable and easily digestible for your audience, Easelly is the way to go! With Easelly you can create captivating infographics. All you need to do is enter your text and see the magic happen.
8. Brand Collabs Manager by Facebook – Free tool
Wondering how to get noticed by brands? Brand Collabs Manager by Facebook helps you get discovered by various brands in your niche. By applying as a Creator through this platform, you can search for brand collaboration projects and also let brands find you.
Since you have reached the end of our list of tools, here’s a bonus tip for you! A key point to remember is to stick to your lane in terms of content, values, and brand collaborations to let your audience know you’re authentic. For example, if you’re a fashion content creator, promoting a toy manufacturer makes no sense!
How Can Influencers Measure Their Performance On Facebook?
Creating and publishing content as an influencer on your Facebook Page is great, but to understand how you’re impacting an audience, you need to measure your performance. Facebook Insights is a free analytics tool that helps you understand if your content strategy is working for you or not. Here are a few metrics that can help you observe how your posts are performing:
- Reach: Reach determines how many people have seen your posts or page. You can increase your reach organically or by paying for it.
- Followers: This metric shows you a total of how many people have liked and followed your page.
- Pageviews: Not only does this metric show you how many people have viewed your page including the ones who didn’t log in to Facebook, but also know more about your audience. These insights include age groups, geographic locations, and the kind of devices they’re using to log in.
- Page previews: When someone hovers over your Page name they find in Facebook search results without clicking on your page link, it is a preview. ‘Page preview’ shows how many previews you’ve received over time. To encourage more people to click on your Page link, you can focus on improving your page summary, including better pictures, videos, and links to your website or landing page.
- Posts: This metric shows you what type of content your audience is interested in and what they avoid. Also, it tells you when your audience is online, and individual post metrics like clicks, engagement, organic, and paid reach.
- Videos: It gives you a summary of the videos that have been watched. Through this, you get to know your average video watch time, audience engagement, and audience retention, and the total number of minutes viewed by your followers.
Ultimate Cheat Sheet To Success On Facebook
- Do turn off page messaging when you’re not active. This way, your followers will know you’re away and will not be annoyed when they don’t get a response from you.
- Do give credit to people when you use their content and tag them only when they permit you to do so.
- Do deal with negative comments and views from audiences with care. Audiences don’t like to follow people who tear down others, but rather follow those who build them up.
- Don’t be too salesy. Inundating your audience with multiple ads and promotions puts them off. Be mindful of how you plan your promotions strategy.
- Don’t fall for the clickbait strategy. Your followers will get annoyed as it wastes their time and doesn’t bring any value to them.
- Don’t take it personally. Make your posts about what your audience is interested in and see that it adds value to them. Making your content about you too much can make you come across as a self-obsessed individual.
If you still have some doubts about how to make it big as an Influencer on Facebook, worry not! Read our blog How To Become An Influencer In Your Industry.
Building your influencer brand on Facebook requires passion, creativity, strategy, and patience. Following the advice offered in the blog will help you grab a foothold in the influencer industry.
To amp up your influencer game, you need a robust platform that has your back and helps you grow. atisfyre, our AI-based platform helps Facebook influencers find the right brands and enables them to build meaningful partnerships.
Want to know more about earning opportunities with atisfyre? Sign-up and talk to our team today!