Haven’t taken TikTok seriously yet? It’s time to reassess.
Chipotle, Walmart, Mucinex, Kroger, GymShark, TooFaced, and Calvin Klien – big names across various industries are quickly turning to TikTok. Why? Because organic reach and traffic are massive on TikTok, and brands want to capitalize on it! By becoming a TikTok influencer, you too can leverage the influencer culture on the platform to earn big bucks.
But how are influencers making it big on TikTok when there is no creator monetization?
The answer — TikTok brand deals (aka, sponsorships). And if you are wondering how to land one, then you definitely want to read this blog!
How To Find TikTok Sponsorships?
1. Grow your TikTok fan base
Want to succeed in your TikTok journey? Then, building your fanbase should be your number one priority. To grow your followers on this social platform, nurturing your audience and developing an online presence are crucial. Did you know that a mere one percent increase in the follower count boosts your average video watch time by 0.65 percent!
This is why the more followers you have, the better. Having a growing fan base means increasing your brand awareness, creating a bigger impact, and bolstering sales. These are some qualities that brands look for in an influencer when they want to initiate a collaboration.
Today’s consumers are smarter with the Internet at their fingertips. This is why keeping it real and producing authentic content is a fundamental rule that you need to follow, to allow them to bank upon you.
Here are a few tips that will help you grow your fan base organically:
- Choose a niche and don’t deviate from it.
- Create engaging content.
- Post videos frequently, preferably two-three times per week.
- Connect with your fans.
- Interact with other influencers in your niche.
- Add personality to your videos.
- Use the right mix of hashtags.
- Participate in trending challenges
2. Make your TikTok profile stand out
Did you know that your TikTok profile is the face of your influencer brand, to both your audience and businesses? This is why creating a captivating TikTok profile is imperative to your TikTok influencer marketing strategy.
Making your profile stand out from thousands of influencers and appealing to your audience need not be difficult at all. Incorporate these cues to create a profile that intrigues people and grabs their attention:
- A picture is worth a thousand words. This is why uploading a neat and interesting profile picture will help you go a long way.
- Let your followers know who you are, what you do, and what value they get by following you on TikTok. Describing your influencer brand will help you attract the right audience.
- Including only a bunch of text may be boring and sometimes intimidating as well. Adding emojis to your description will add personality and make you look approachable.
- TikTok doesn’t offer much real estate when it comes to content in the bio section. You need to squeeze in your content so that you have enough space to include your hashtags, all within 80 characters. So, make the best use of this space to present yourself to your audience and potential business partners.
- Including a call-to-action (CTA) helps your fans know the best way to interact with you. You could leave a link to your blog, a landing page that you’re promoting, or perhaps, include links to your other social accounts.
- Plus, including call-outs to businesses, letting them know that you’re open for collaboration, and adding your email address makes your work easier from a business perspective.
3. Join the TikTok Creator Marketplace
Unlike other social platforms that didn’t do anything about influencer-brand collaborations, TikTok banked on the idea of bridging the gap between influencers and the business world, allowing brands to succeed here! The TikTok Creator Marketplace is the platform’s very own influencer marketing arena.
Before you join the TikTok Creator Marketplace, you need to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You need to have a TikTok Creator account.
- You need to have a minimum of 100,000 fans and must have received a minimum of 100,000 likes in the last 30 days.
- You need to be over 18 years old.
Once you’ve met the criteria, you can either apply to join this platform by yourself or get invited by TikTok.
By now, you must have understood that the Creator Marketplace is exclusively for high-profile TikTokers with large followings. What if you have dedicated yet authentic fans who are less than 100,000 but you’re able to influence their purchase decisions and engagement on TikTok? Don’t worry, there’s hope for you. We’ll talk about atisfyre, an influencer platform that helps you land brand sponsorships irrespective of the number of followers you have, later in this blog.
4. Expand other channels
Want to increase your credibility as an influencer? Work on your other social accounts just as you work on TikTok. By building a considerable following on TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook alike, you come across as a stable and established influencer to brands.
Creating content for all platforms consistently can be overwhelming. You don’t have to worry about creating content for all platforms anymore! What you can do is either repurpose your content and post it on all platforms accordingly, or just cross-post content to keep up with your audience across all platforms.
Here are some ways that can help you bolster your growth across all your social accounts, increase the scope of collaborations, and boost your revenue stream:
- Use the same handle for all platforms. Though it is not easy, it is a brilliant way to enable your fans to identify you on whichever platform you are on.
- Mention other channels at the end of your videos. Following this will lead your fans to your other social accounts.
- Use different methods of engagement with audiences on multiple platforms.
- Posting content consistently on all platforms.
5. Create your influencer media kit
If you want to take your role as an influencer seriously, you need to get your influencer marketing media kit in place. But, before we delve into this subject, let’s understand what a marketing kit is all about.
An influencer media kit is your digital portfolio to showcase your scope of work and achievements to businesses interested in collaborating with you. This marketing document doesn’t have to be an elaborate one, but it should be well-organized for businesses to understand the value you bring to the table.
Your influencer media kit should include:
- Key information about you.
- Links to your social accounts.
- Platform-specific data analytics including your audience’s size, demographics, and user engagement.
- A list of businesses that you’ve worked with.
- Case studies of your previous campaigns, including sales records, affiliate links, and merch lines.
- The content services you offer and their corresponding pricing.
- Plus, testimonials. Including endorsements from clients is a great way to reinforce your credibility and build trust with your prospects.
6. Got some favorite brands? Create content for them
One of the core reasons TikTok has become highly favored by growing businesses, large-scale enterprises, and audiences alike is its authenticity. Content created and presented to users on this platform is relatively less edited and filtered as compared to other platforms.
Creating content and gaining engagement is great, but businesses track sales and conversions and use these factors as a yardstick to decide if you can create the impact they want. Producing content that converts audiences into customers makes you stand out from thousands of influencers on TikTok.
However, creating captivating videos and capturing the attention of brands and audiences will require you to work strategically. For instance, pick a brand that you love to use, and create a TikTok video highlighting how awesome they are.
Better still, take it to another level by creating affiliate links for the products you feature! When you showcase these links, you are not only helping your fans make excellent purchase decisions, but also making money while gaining access to data in your influencer media kit. This will showcase brands how you’ve been promoting them skillfully.
Grabbing sponsorships in TikTok’s competitive environment demands effort and time. With the right mix of strategy, passion, and skill, you can woo your existing fans and potential audience, plus attract the attention of the right brands in your line of industry.
While you work hard to create and promote engaging content on TikTok on a daily basis, we know that you’ve got your hands full. That’s why we created a one-of-a-kind AI-based influencer marketing platform, atisfyre. It helps you to network, discover and manage your collaborations with brands across the globe, all in one place. To learn more, sign up and get in touch with our team today!